Leveraging a highly innovative technology and approach, the SAF+ Consortium is bringing together for the first time in Canada a coalition of prominent actors spanning the entire aviation value chain with the objective of providing Canadians with a sustainable commercial solution for low carbon flying.
The SAF+ Consortium team is formed of Carbon Consult Group, CO2 Solutions Inc., Air Transat, Aéroports de Montréal, Valorisation Carbone Québec Project, CIRAIG and Hatch.
Our SAF Technology
- Certifiable as synthetic aviation fuel (ASTM D7566)
- Quality assurance ; excellent control of entire process life cycle
- Significant GHG life cycle reduction versus conventional fuel
- No associated land use or social issues
- Meets circular economy expectations
- CO2 capture and conversion technology has been demonstrated
- High scale-up potential
- Demonstration plant built with commercial usage in mind
- Great feedstock availability on-site and supply reliability
- Production costs expected to be at or below current SAF production
- No need for biomass feedstocks
- Cost independent of fossil fuel price variation