Senior Project Manager
SAF+ is Canada’s first company specialized on developing a new generation of production facilities for sustainable aviation fuel made from CO2 and green hydrogen. In 2021 we successfully commissioned and started up North America’s first pilot plant of this type, demonstrating the technology. In partnership with world class companies such as Air Transat and Airbus, we are developing the world’s first commercial project in Montreal, capable of converting 100kt of CO2 into 40 million liters of synthetic kerosene with 90% lower carbon footprint than fossil jet fuel.
We are looking for a talented Senior Project Manager (SPM) to lead our development project in Montreal. This exciting endeavor has a CAPEX exceeding 200M$. The SPM will play a first-hand role in building the team, structuring the project and leading the its execution up to final investment decisions. This individual will also be an Ambassador of Company’s culture and will serve as a model to promote behaviors supporting SAF+ values, principles, mission, and vision with our partners. The SPM will foster innovative project management approaches that ensures employee motivation/engagement, cost control and profitability as well as on time delivery of projects.
The execution of the project must align with strategic SAF+ initiatives, and maintain compliance with all federal, provincial, and local code requirements. In addition to managing the internal projects team, responsibilities will include setting up in-house business processes, managing engineering firms and utilizing a stage-gated approach to project development.
The Senior Project Manager will also report project progress to the Project Steering Committee and will functionally report to the VP of Technology. Once the Montreal project is completed, the project team could be assigned to develop exciting new opportunities in Canada, US and EU.
We accept candidates from outside Canada. French being the language used at the workplace, SAF+ will assist candidates in their integration by offering learning opportunities to learn or improve their French.
If you are passionate about pioneering this clean way of fueling aircraft, please come and join us!
• Manage all aspects of project development, including: Health and Safety, Environmental management, Project Execution, Engineering, Procurement, Project Controls, Risk management, Quality Management, Staffing, and Operational readiness;
• Build, lead and mentor the project team to accomplish milestones &objectives;
• Develop and implement the procurement strategies, including request for proposals;
• Manage third parties involved in the projects such as engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) firms and contractors;
• Ensure the project is aligned with business objectives and completed safely within scope, cost and schedule;
• Maintain the project adherence to scope, process, deliverables, and critical success factors using project management tools;
• Review and monitor controls on scheduling and project cost;
• Communicate and report to the Project Steering Team progress;
• Implement decisions to improve business measurements such as Return on Total Asset earnings (ROTA), Fixed Asset Turnover Ratio (FATR), etc.;
• Assign engineering team and resources to project to optimize resources and ensure required expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering required; Chemical, Civil or Mechanical related engineering field.
• P.E. registration is a plus
• 10 plus years of experience directly managing others
• Experience in managing front end planning and front-end engineering studies (FEED) activities for similarly large CAPEX projects with demonstrated achievement and demonstrated leadership skills.
• A combination of experience as outlined below in any of the following sectors is required: Biofuels, Bio-Products, Oil and Gas, or Petrochemical industry. Experience in Syngas generation and syngas utilization in Fischer-Tropsch processes is a plus.
• Team building capabilities
• Expert in using Project management tools such as Microsoft Project
• Verbal, written, listening and presentation communication skills
• Strong work ethic with excellent interpersonal skills
• French* and English fluency. Spanish is a plus.
• Full-time position + flexible hours,
• Project team based in Montreal, Canada. Whenever practical, remote work is allowed. Presence in person should be at least 2 days per week.
• Some travel might be required depending on project demands, must have a valid passport
Please send your resume with a short presentation letter before July 22nd, 2022 to M. Patrick Morneau: email@example.com
SAF + does not discriminate. Hiring is subject to interview and qualification review. We thank all applicants but only the applicants seen in the interview process will be contacted.